Maintain Your Vehicle Wrap with These Simple Steps
Maintaining the vibrancy and integrity of your vehicle wrap post-installation insures a long enjoyable lifespan. Here’s a more streamlined guide to wrap care:
- Wash your car as soon as it appears dirty to prevent contaminants from settling.
- Use water spray to rinse off grit, followed by non-abrasive detergent with a soft cloth or sponge.
- Rinse well and use a silicone squeegee to remove moisture, finishing off with a microfiber cloth.
Automated Car Washes:
- Opt for brushless car washes to avoid damage to your wrap, though hand washing is preferable.
Pressure Washing (if necessary):
- Keep water pressure below 2000 psi and temperature below 180°F.
- Use a 40-degree wide-angle spray, keeping the nozzle at least a foot away and perpendicular to the wrap.
- Utilize isopropyl alcohol for spot cleaning, rinsing with cold water post-cleaning. Avoid tire dressing and wiping the wrap when hot.
Tackling Tough Stains (like bird droppings, insects, tree sap):
- Soak stains with hot, soapy water, rinse and dry. Test cleaners like Meguiar’s Gold Class™ Bug and Tar Remover or your favorite brand cleaner in a hidden area before application.
- Wipe off immediately and hand-wash the affected area at the earliest.
- Avoid abrasive or polish products especially on matte or textured films.
- If necessary, products like 3M™ Perfect-It™ Show Car Paste Wax or Meguiar’s Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer can be used based on the wrap texture, after testing in an inconspicuous area.
- Store indoors or under shade to prevent degradation from sun or pollutants. Use a cloth car cover for protection if indoor storage isn’t an option.
Avoid Harmful Cleaners:
- Steer clear of harsh solvents, oil-based cleaners, and other harsh cleaning agents that can damage your wrap.
Following these steps will help ensure your vehicle wrap remains in top condition, extending its lifespan and preserving its appearance.